Viol Rental Program FAQ
What is available to rent?
Our inventory includes treble, tenor and bass viols with bows; a case is included. You can arrange to try out and choose the one you’d like to rent by contacting our Viol Rental Coordinator.
Who can rent?
Any Pacifica Viols member can rent an instrument. You can join at any level; an Associate Membership is available for only $15/year.
What are the rental periods?
You may choose to rent/extend your rental for 15 days, or for 1, 2, 3, 6 or 12 months.
What does it cost?
Renting a viol, bow and case costs only $40/month. Payment is made at the time of rental by PayPal (including credit card) or check.
What are the steps to rent a viol?
- Contact the Viol Rental Coordinator to ask any questions and set up an appointment.
- Visit our collection and make your instrument choice. While you are there:
- If you are not already a member of Pacifica Viols, the Viol Rental Coordinator will help you join online.
- Choose the rental period you prefer (see above).
- Pay by PayPal or check
- Sign our contract
- Take your instrument home– happy playing!
What are my responsibilities as a renter?
- During the rental period you agree to establish an ongoing relationship with a recognized teacher / mentor.
- If you wish to extend your rental period, you may do so online; please submit your payment prior to your Renewal Date. You may choose the same or a different rental period for each renewal.
- Routine maintenance, including replacement of strings, will be the responsibility of the renter.
- The viol, case and bow must be returned in the same condition as when the renter took possession.
- If there is damage, repair costs charged by a qualified technician chosen by the Rental Coordinator will be charged to the renter. In the event of loss or damage beyond repair, the renter must reimburse Pacifica Viols for the loss.